Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionFull of hands-on activities to help you learn all about map skills whilst also learning about the features of the seaside. This book will show you what a bird's eye map is by looking at aerial photos of a seaside town;how tourist maps can help you find your way around; how symbols are used to represent landmarks, how to use a compass at the beach; how scale works by comparing two different harbours; to make a plan map of a pier showing how it is used; using grid references on a holiday campsite; planning a walk near a river estuary using a map; showing contour lines to map cliffs; using weather maps and landuse maps to show seaside buildings such as shops, hotels and houses; looking at islands and how teh water around them is mapped. Illustrations by Sarah Horne in an amusing and lively style are combined with photographs to really capture a child's attention helping them to learn these important map skills.
- Author BiographyJen Green received a doctorate from the University of Sussex (Dept of English and American Studies) in 1982. She worked in publishing for 15 years and is now a full-time writer, who has written over 150 books for children. Her book 'Your Feelings: I'm Special' was short-listed for the NASEN Special Needs Award.
- Author(s)Dr Jen Green
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleMapping
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/08/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight348 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.