The Second Cycle: Winning the War Against Bureaucracy by Lars Kolind (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou're growing fast. You're profitable. Maybe they're even writing great things about you in the business press. But, just beneath the surface, are you incubating the seeds of disaster? It's happened over and over again, in one industry after ather, to companies ranging from IBM to Upjohn. In this book, Lars Kolind helps you uncover the earliest signs of trouble--and reignite a powerful new growth cycle. Drawing upon his own experience as the CEO who turned around Oticon, the world's top manufacturer of hearing aids, Kolind introduces a comprehensive toolbox for revitalizing mature organizations: tools for creating consensus around change, using staff more effectively, promoting invation, and much more. Finally, he applies his tools to a wide range of organizations in decline, including the U.S. auto industry. The result: specific, practical advice you can adapt to galvanize your organization, matter how well you're doing today.
- Author BiographyLARS KOLIND was CEO of Oticon and the driving force behind the innovation and knowledge-based turnaround that led to Oticon's leadership in the world market for hearing aids. Named Denmark's Man of The Year 1996, his work at Oticon is a classic management case study presented at many leading business schools worldwide. He currently serves as non-executive board member or chairman of several corporations, including world-leading pump manufacturer Grundfos, Unimerco Group, Scancom International, Zealand Pharma, Kristeligt Dagblad, and BankInvest Ventures. Kolind is active in venture investment, and writes, speaks, and advises widely on strategy, knowledge, innovation, and corporate turnarounds. He has co-founded and chaired three national initiatives to help prepare Denmark for the knowledge society, including The National Business Network for Corporate Social Responsibility, The Copenhagen Center, and The Danish Competency Council, which in 1999 published Denmark's first national accounts on human capital. A mathematician and leader, he is a principal of the Q Thought Leader Network, and serves international Scouting as deputy chairman of the board of The World Scout Foundation. He is also adjunct professor of leadership at the Aarhus School of Business. More information and tools are available for readers at www.thesecondcycle.com.
- Author(s)Lars Kolind
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/04/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.