All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the appearance of Waitzkin's The Second Sickness, a landmark book of the 1980s, American medicine has been dramatically transformed. Waitzkin's earlier edition used qualitative research to take readers inside the black box of medical decision making. This new, fully updated and expanded edition retains the earlier edition's vivid approach and adds timely analysis of how managed care and other ecomic and social forces influence medical practice today.
- Author BiographyHoward Waitzkin is Professor and Director, Division of Community Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of New Mexico.
- Author(s)Howard Waitzkin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.