Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a brilliant fictional account of one of the Second World War's best kept secrets.During the Second World War a great secret was kept from the Nation - and the enemy.Unkwn to a war-torn Britain, ather war of intrigue, covert operations, spies, intelligence-gathering and daring was being fought. The battlefield was the English Channel.Under great secrecy an elite force of men and women were gathered on the remote coastline of the Scilly Isles. These men and woman, British and French, courageously kept open secret channels between England and France, during the Second World War.The Special Boat Operations (SBO) was central to British Naval strategy and planning which operated in a secret and dangerous world at a time when Churchill demanded that 'we set Europe ablaze'.The SBO was a radical departure from Royal Navy tradition but their ingenuity, indomitable spirit, loyalty and success was a major factor in the final success of the invasion of Europe by Allied force.This thrilling fictional account is based on true events. Mike Williams, a surviving member of the SBO, has created characters that live on the page and brilliantly evoke the dangerous waters and desperate times in which the men and women lived - and sometimes lost - their lives.
- Author(s)Mike Williams
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map
- Weight463 g
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.