All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- Description<b><b>From the author of <i>The Sound of Things Falling</i>, a brilliant new vel (<i>New York Times Book Review</i>) and one of the most buzzed about books of the year!</b> One of the most original new voices of Latin American literature. -- Mario Vargas Llosa, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature</b> Unlike anything written by his Latin American contemporaries (<i>The Financial Times</i>) <i>The Informers</i> secured Juan Gabriel Vasquez s place as one of the most original and exuberantly talented velist working today. Now he returns with an ingenious new vel of historical invention. On the day of Joseph Conrad's death in 1924, the Colombian-born Jose Altamira begins to write and cant stop. Many years before, he confessed to Conrad his life's every delicious detail from his country's heroic revolutions to his darkest solitary moments. Those intimate recollections became Nostromo, a vel that solidified Conrad s fame and turned Altamira s reality into a work of fiction. Now Conrad is dead, but the slate is by means clear Nostromo will live on and Altamira must write himself back into existence. As the destinies of real empires collide with the murky realities of imagined ones, Vasquez takes us from a flourishing twentieth-century London to the lawless fury of a blooming Panama and back in a labyrinthine quest to reclaim the past of both a country and a man.
- Author Biography<b>Juan Gabriel Vasquez</b> is an internationally acclaimed, award-winning Colombian writer whose work has been translated into fifteen languages. Educated in Colombia and in Paris at the Sorbonne, he is the author of several novels, including <i>The Informers </i>and <i>The Sound of Things Falling</i>; he has also written a short biography of Joseph Conrad. Vasquez lives in Bogota with his family.
- Author(s)Juan Gabriel Vasquez
- PublisherRiverhead Books
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.