All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShhhh. The secret is out. Fantasy is more than just sword-and-sorcery vels of epic adventures. Here are invative tales where mythology, fairy tales, and archetypes are reimagined into a new style of storytelling. Anthologist Peter S. Beagle kws fantasy. The author of the inventive fantasy vel The Last Unicorn and the introduction to The Lord of the Rings w introduces the gifted writers that returned to the classics and thoroughly redefined the genre: Gregory Maguire, Francesca Lia Block, Robert Holdstock, Patricia McKillip, and Steven Millhauser, and others who have lead the way to expanding imaginative frontiers. From the depths of a dangerous English forest to the top of the Tower of Babel, on a caffeinated journey to the empire of ice cream, discover The Secret History of Fantasy.
- Author BiographyPeter S. Beagle is the best-selling author of The Last Unicorn, which has sold a reported five million copies since its initial publication in 1968. His other novels include A Fine & Private Place, The Innkeeper's Song, and Tamsin. His short fiction has been collected in four volumes by Tachyon Publications, including The Rhinoceros Who Quoted Nietzsche, The Line Between, We Never Talk About My Brother, and Sleight of Hand. He has won the Hugo, Nebula, Mythopoeic, and Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire awards and the World Fantasy Award for Lifetime Achievement.
- PublisherTachyon Publications
- Date of Publication22/07/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTachyon Publications
- Weight414 g
- Width162 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPeter S. Beagle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.