All listings for this product
Save on Children & YA Non-Fiction
- AU $15.53Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $2.50Trending at AU $2.90
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the loremaster who brought us THE SECRET HISTORY OF GIANTS comes an intriguing new chronicle revealing the mysterious ways of merfolk. Since ancient times, seafarers and coast-dwellers the world over have reported encounters with merpeople. Variously kwn as Finfolk, Dinny Mara, Nereids, Blue Men, and Merrymaids, merfolk have been the source of both gifts and disasters for humankind. Now a lavishly illustrated resource offers insight into the lives, origins, language, and magic of these elusive peoples. Like a siren s song, this fascinating tome is sure to enthrall all who fall under its spell.
- Author BiographyAri Berk is a writer, visual artist, and scholar of literature, folklore, and myth. He has written everything from academic works on ancient cultures to popular books about myths for children and adults. A professor at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, Ari Berk has traveled widely and made friends (aquatic and otherwise) in many parts of the world.
- Author(s)Professor Ari Berk
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication08/09/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width178 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.