All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.66Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
About this product
- DescriptionIn this hilarious sequel to The Secret Life of Nuns, courtesan Nanna reveals to her confidante, Antonia, what really goes on in the lives of married women. A woman can only be saved from a life-threatening craving and utter damnation by a well-endowed priest; an over-devout matron releases the devil within her when she meets an attractive hermit; an insatiable wife is redressed by her husband in a most barbarous manner - these are merely some of the 'truths' that Aretino exposes behind the respectable mask of marriage. And in describing the subterfuges, machinations and diabolical ruses wives resort to - unbeknownst to their poor husbands - in order to secure the secret object of their desires, Aretino adds another titillating page to his immense catalogue of human characters.
- Author BiographyThe controversial satirist and letter-writer Pietro Aretino (1492-1556) is one of the most inventive prose writers of all time. Reviewer and critic Paul Bailey has been a leading literary figure since 1960s. He has written and edited many works, including two novels shortlisted for the Book Prize.
- Author(s)Pietro Aretino
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleHesperus Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Weight124 g
- Width125 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byAndrew Brown
- Foreword byPaul Bailey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.