All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published on the 15th anniversary of the Falklands War in 1982, THE SECRET WAR FOR THE FALKLANDS is thing less than the secret history of the conflict, the first time the Royal Navy had been engaged by an enemy since 1945. In terms of hardware it was a test of the world's latest air and defence systems and a unique opportunity to push competing fighters to their limits in an environment that stretched men and aircraft alike. This book focuses on OPERATION CORPORATE, the task force assigned to retake the Falklands, and on the clandestine efforts to deny General Galtieri the one weapon that could have turned Corporate into a humilating defeat for Britain - the French-manufactured Exocet missile.
- Author BiographyNigel West is an author specialising in espionage and Intelligence subjects. Until May 1997 he was the Conservative MP for Torbay under the name Rupert Allason.
- Author(s)Nigel West
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication05/03/1998
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteSection: 8, B&W
- Weight180 g
- Width200 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- scotsmanzz10 May, 2012by
Provides information unavailable in other books, but a bit wordy.
Gives an interesting insight into the unnecessary secrecy of various Whitehall departments, usually to cover up any incompetance. An informative addition to all my Falkland War paperbacks and magazenes which I collect. Shows how some senior military and other individuals were determined to make a name for themselves at the expense of others lower in the command chain. Disliked the way the narrative digressed to other themes, such as Ireland, unconnected with the Falklands. Long, long sentences with convoluted themes. Not as readable and direct as other books on the Falkland. War.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66