All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new edition of their classic business fable, Ken Blanchard and Mark Miller get at the heart of what makes a leader successful. Newly promoted but struggling young executive Debbie Brewster asks her mentor the one question she desperately needs answered: What is the secret of great leaders? His reply- great leaders serve -flummoxes her, but over time he reveals the five fundamental ways that leaders succeed through service. Along the way she learns: * Why great leaders seem preoccupied with the future* How people on the team ultimately determine your success or failure* What three arenas require continuous improvement* Why true success in leadership has two essential components* How to kwingly strengthen-or unwittingly destroy-leadership credibilityThe tenth anniversary edition includes a leadership self-assessment so readers can measure to what extent they lead by serving and where they can improve. The authors also have added answers to the most frequently asked questions about how to apply the SERVE model in the real world. As practical as it is uplifting, The Secret shares Blanchard's and Miller's wisdom about leadership in a form that anyone can easily understand and implement. This book will benefit t only those who read it but also the people who look to them for guidance and the organizations they serve.
- Author BiographyFew people have impacted the day-to-day management of people and companies more than Ken Blanchard. A prominent, gregarious, sought-after author, speaker, and business consultant, Ken is universally characterized by his friends, colleagues, and clients as one of the most insightful, powerful, and compassionate people in the business world today. From his phenomenal best-selling book, The One Minute Manager (coauthored with Spencer Johnson)--which has sold more than thirteen million copies and remains on best-seller lists--to the library of books coauthored with outstanding practitioners--Raving Fans, Gung Ho!, Leadership and the One Minute Manager, Whale Done!, and many others--Ken's impact as a writer is extraordinary and far-reaching. Ken is the chief spiritual officer (CSO) of The Ken Blanchard Companies, and international management training and consulting firm that he and his wife, Dr. Marjorie Blanchard, founded in 1979in San Diego, California, USA. He is also a visiting lecturer at his alma mater, Cornell University, USA, where he is a trustee emeritus of the board of trustees. Ken and Margie, his wife of more than forty years, live in San Diego, USA. Their son Scott and daughter Debbie hold key positions in the Ken Blanchard Companies.
- Author(s)Ken Blanchard,Mark R. Miller
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight332 g
- Width58 mm
- Height88 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byJohn C. Maxwell
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.