All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Jaleigh Johnson, the acclaimed author of the New York Times bestseller The Mark of the Dragonfly, comes ather thrilling adventure in the magical world of Solace. Lina Winterbock lives in the mountain strongholds of Solace. She s an apprentice to the archivists, the wise men and women whose lives are dedicated to cataloging, studying, and preserving the objects that mysteriously fall from the sky in the scrap towns. Lina should be spending her days with books, but the Iron War has changed everything. The strongholds are w a refuge, and the people Lina once counted on longer have time for her, so she spends her days exploring the hidden tunnels and passages of her home. The strongholds are vast and old, with twisting paths, forgotten rooms, and collapsed chambers, some of them containing objects that have been lost and forgotten even by the archivists. And in one of the forgotten chambers, Lina discovers a secret. Hidden deep in a cavern is a half-buried airship like thing she has ever seen before. She s determined to dig it out and restore it. But Lina needs help, and she doesn t kw anyone she can trust with her secret. Then she meets Ozben, a mysterious boy who has a secret of his own a secret that s so dangerous it could change the course of the Iron War and the world of Solace forever. Praise for The Secrets of Solace Highly recommended for those who have finished with Harry and are too young for Katniss. SLJ, Starred review An engaging world rich in detail, mayhem, and adventure...All aboard for fantasy lovers with a dual penchant for girl power and keeping up with the Indiana Joneses. Kirkus Reviews With imaginative details...readers will be rewarded by exciting action scenes and a deeper kwledge of Solace. - Booklist The book nicely balances the firm structure of the archivists' orderly lives with the wild abandon of the protagonist. - Bulletin Praise for The Mark of the Dragonfly [STAR] This magnetic middle-grade debut . . . [is] a page-turner that defies easy categorization and ought to have broad appeal. Publishers Weekly, Starred [STAR] Heart, brains, and courage find a home in a steampunk fantasy worthy of a d from Baum. Kirkus Reviews, Starred [STAR] A fantastic and original tale of adventure and magic. . . . Piper is a heroine to fall in love with: smart, brave, kind, and mechanically inclined to boot. School Library Journal, Starred A complex and impeccably developed plot there is plenty to recommend in this vel. The Bulletin Appealing characters and lots of action make it a good choice for young adventure readers. Booklist From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJaleigh Johnson is a New York Times bestselling author as well as lifelong reader, gamer, and moviegoer. She loves nothing better than to escape into fictional worlds and take part in fantastic adventures. Her novels for young readers include The Mark of the Dragonfly and The Secrets of Solace. Jaleigh lives and writes in the wilds of the Midwest, but you can visit her online at jaleighjohnson.com or follow @JaleighJohnson on Twitter. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Jaleigh Johnson
- PublisherDelacorte Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelacorte Books for Young Readers
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.