All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly accessible and informative book offers practical strategies for the protection of children that all parents, teachers, and anyone involved in the life of a child will find indispensable. Providing the reader with an understanding of typical/rmative sexual development in children, Christiane Sanderson enables parents and teachers to distinguish this from atypical sexual development and recognize the warning signs of sexual abuse. The more kwledgeable and comfortable teachers and parents are, the easier it is for them to understand and talk openly with children about sexual development - this book offers guidance on discussing appropriate and inappropriate touching/behaviours and the dangers of sexual abuse in an age-sensitive way. The author presents information about abusers and how to protect against their attempts to gain access to a child through grooming children, parents and other adults, including up-to-date information on the use of the Internet and mobile phones. Armed with the accurate kwledge and practical guidance on child sexual abuse provided in this book, parents, teachers, and professionals will be able to confront the threat their children may face and take practical steps to protect against it.
- Author BiographyChristiane Sanderson is a lecturer in Psychology at London University, Birkbeck College, and Consultant in the School of Psychology and Therapeutic Studies, University of Surrey, Roehampton. With 15 years' experience working in the child sexual abuse field, she has run workshops for parents, teachers, social workers, nurses, therapists and counsellors to increase knowledge and awareness of CSA. She is the author of Counselling Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse (2nd edition), also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)Christiane Sanderson
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2004
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.