All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides a selection of four plays by Philip Massinger who, from 1625 to 1640, replaced John Fletcher as principal dramatist for the King's Men, the chief London theatre company for more than forty years. The selection consists of two of Massinger's finest comedies, A New Way to Pay Old Debts and The City Madam, and his two best kwn tragedies, The Duke of Milan and The Roman Actor. These plays have interested readers, scholars and critics for hundreds of years, and although the tragedies have seldom been performed since the seventeenth century, the comedies have a long stage tradition. A New Way to Pay Old Debts has been performed more often than any other play by Shakespeare's contemporaries, and together with The City Madam continues to delight modern audiences.
- Author(s)Philip Massinger
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/05/1978
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitlePlays by Renaissance and Restoration Dramatists
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Notefacsims.
- Weight510 g
- Width117 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Volume editorColin Gibson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.