All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is dedicated to building and understanding of how this country's only government subsidized arts support organization came into existence. Readers will find a brief narrative on the relationship between the United States Government and the precarious business of the cultural arts. A survey was conducted to identify the range of theatre organizations that apply for and receive funding. Readers will also find a good look at the NEA Theatre program and that branch of the Endowment's selection process. The author's conclusion offers some suggestions for improvement. In addition, there is a section on the NEA's legislative history and a summary on the state of the arts, particularly for the smaller, newer and experimental groups.
- Author BiographyThe author holds a Ph.D. in Theatre from the University of Colorado-Boulder. He is a member of the Actor's Equity Association, the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and the Screen Actor's Guild. Dr. Ayers is currently Professor of Acting and Directing at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, North Carolina. Dr. Ayers has been seen in many films and stage plays throughout the United States and Europe. He and his wife Donna have three children, Maribeth, Michael and Billy.
- Author(s)Stephen Michael Ayers
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1992
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 19: General Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Notefig.
- Weight460 g
- Width165 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.