All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's ecomic climate, self-sufficiency is increasingly seen as a viable means of taking control of our lives and safeguarding for the future - this is the book that will help every householder do just that. Each of the twelve chapters focuses on key topics for living a more self-sustainable life, with practical information and expert guidance that will make the subject come alive for everyone, whatever their needs, circumstances and resources. This means that the gardening chapter, for example, is appropriate both for people with an urban back yard or a more substantial plot of land. Written in a down-to-earth, engaging and often amusing style, the book will appeal to single people as much as to those with large families, to women who want to be more creative, resourceful and independent, to men who want to rediscover their inner 'hunter-gatherer', and to parents looking to equip their children with basic life skills.
- Author BiographyAged just 32, Simon Dawson took a risk, sold his London flat and moved with his wife, Great Dane and horse to a cottage on Exmoor. Scraping every penny together they bought 20 acres of scruffy but beautiful Exmoor, and built from scratch a smallholding where they live, self-sufficient and happy. In 2008 they won UKTV Food, Gary Rhodes Local Food Heroes for the South West.
- Author(s)Simon Dawson
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Width153 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.