The Self in Neuroscience and Psychiatry by Cambridge University Press (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $101.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $109.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years the clinical and cognitive sciences and neuroscience have contributed important insights to understanding the self. The neuroscientific study of the self and self-consciousness is in its infancy in terms of established models, available data and even vocabulary. However, there are neuropsychiatric conditions, such as schizophrenia, in which the self becomes disordered and this aspect can be studied against healthy controls through experiment, building cognitive models of how the mind works, and imaging brain states. In this 2003 book, the first to address the scientific contribution to an understanding of the self, an eminent, international team focuses on current models of self-consciousness from the neurosciences and psychiatry. These are set against introductory essays describing the philosophical, historical and psychological approaches, making this a uniquely inclusive overview. It will appeal to a wide audience of scientists, clinicians and scholars concerned with the phemelogy and psychopathology of the self.
- Author BiographyProf. A. David, Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London, SE5 8AF. Anthony David was born 14.1.1965. 1985-92 studies in medicine, philosophy, literature at the University of Munich, Germany and University of Washington, Seattle, USA. 1992-4 Training Psychiatrist, Dept. Psychiatry, University of Munich, Germany. 1994-current Dept. of Psychiatry, University of Tubingen, Germany. 1997-2000 Researcher at the Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK 2000-1 Dept. of Neurology, Univ. of Tubingen, Germany. Book: Neuronale Korrelate von Sprachproduktion und -verstandnis bei Gesunden und Patienten mit Schizophrenie, Steinkopf Verlag (forthcoming) publications in leading journals on functional brain imaging, schizophrenia, Alzheimer's dementia, geriatric medicine, history of psychiatry, relaxation techniques.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/08/2003
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight790 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAnthony David,Tilo Kircher
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.47New
- AU $7.52Used
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.