All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionMany people today have a deep spiritual thirst and hunger that in many ways is as urgent as the material needs of developing nations. Unless affluent societies escape the addiction to materialism, they will be unable to feel the depth of compassion from which works of mercy and justice spring. Laurence Freeman teaches a way to spiritual health that is both ancient and new. The desert fathers practiced silent prayer and the church in our own day has rediscovered its liberating power. To sit down before God in silence does more than empty our minds of our own concerns. It opens us to the mystery of life, to seeing thing from God's perspective rather than our own limited viewpoint, to the power of faith that heals and raises us to love God and our neighbour.
- Author BiographyLaurence Freeman is a Benedictine monk who took over the work of John Main osb, founder of the World Community of Christian Meditation, a worldwide spiritual family united in the practice of daily prayer, with over 110,000 members in more than 100 countries.
- Author(s)Laurence Freeman
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication31/07/2009
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight15 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine200 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.