All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAn excerpt from the PREFACE: The aim of this paper is to trace the development in meaning of the idea consume by eating and drinking, as represented in the Germanic dialects. Where this could be done without giving connections outside the Germanic, reference is made to the possible relations to the words under discussion. In citing dialect forms an attempt has been made to choose such forms as seemed representative, and hereby avoid a heaping up of the dialect variations which are often very numerous. Abbreviations for the less well-kwn works will be found along with the List of Sources - otherwise those in ordinary use are employed. The references to the Norwegian dialect are to the dictionary of Aasen and the supplements by Ross. Likewise, distinction is made in the citations from the Old Norse dictionaries of Haldorsen and Fritzner.
- Author(s)Henry Otto Schwabe
- Date of Publication17/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.