All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionJacques Fontanille's The Semiotics of Discourse fills a long-standing need for a clear, comprehensive overview of narrative semiotic theory. The book skillfully blends a historical perspective with an emphasis on recent developments. Outstanding features include a clear, thorough exposition; numerous examples drawn from sports, cooking, and literature; a balance of introductory overview and detailed analysis; figures that graphically represent the ideas expressed; and suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter. The book will be of interest to both scholars and students in semiotics, linguistics, literary theory, and the study of narrative.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jacques Fontanille is President of the Universite de Limoges in France, where he is also Professor of Linguistics and Semiotics. He holds the Chair in Semiotics at the Institut Universitaire de France. He is the author of several books, including Le Savoir partage (1987), Semiotique du visible (1995), Semiotique et litterature (1999), and Soma & sema (2004). He is co-author, with Algirdas Julien Greimas, of The Semiotics of Passions (1993) and co-author, with Claude Zilberberg, of Tension et signification (1998). The Translator: Heidi Bostic holds a Ph.D. in French from Purdue University in Indiana and a Diplome d'etudes approfondies en Sciences du langage from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales in France. She is Assistant Professor of Romance Languages and Gender Studies at Michigan Technological University. She is the author of several articles on French literature, feminist theory, and semiotics. Her published translations include Luce Irigaray's book The Way of Love (2003).
- Author(s)Jacques Fontanille
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBerkeley Insights in Linguistics and Semiotics
- Series Part/Volume Number62
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Translated byHeidi Bostic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.