All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.36
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.35
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $38.30
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the U.S. Senate's most candid--and funniest--women tells the story of her life and her unshakeable faith in our democracyMinnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar has tackled every obstacle she's encountered--her parents' divorce, her father's alcoholism and recovery, her political campaigns and Washington's gridlock--with honesty, humor and pluck. Now, in The Senator Next Door, she chronicles her remarkable heartland journey, from her immigrant grandparents to her middle-class suburban upbringing to her rise in American politics.After being kicked out of the hospital while her infant daughter was still in intensive care, Klobuchar became the lead advocate for one of the first laws in the country guaranteeing new moms and their babies a 48-hour hospital stay. Later she ran Minnesota's biggest prosecutor's office and in 2006 was the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate from her state. Along the way she fashioned her own political philosophy grounded in her belief that partisan flame-throwing takes courage at all; what really matters is forging alliances with unlikely partners to solve the nation's problems.Optimistic, plainspoken and often very funny, The Senator Next Door is a story about how the girl next door decided to enter the fray and make a difference. At a moment when America's government often seems incapable of getting anything done, Amy Klobuchar proves that politics is still the art of the possible.
- Author BiographyAmy Klobuchar, the daughter of a newspaperman and a schoolteacher, is Minnesota's senior United States Senator. A Democrat, she was first elected to the Senate in 2006; she was later reelected in a landslide and named to Senate leadership. A national leader, she has a well-earned reputation for working across the aisle to pass legislation that supports families, workers and businesses. She and her husband John have a daughter, Abigail, who is in college.
- Author(s)Amy Klobuchar
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight299 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byAmy Klobuchar
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time736
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.