All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionA vodka-soaked tragicomedy of bribes, backhanders and a certain ex-president of Russia going catastrophically awry. Former Russian president, Vladimir P, is going senile, marooned in a world of memories from his years in power. To get him out of the way, he has been exiled to his luxury dacha, where he is served by a coterie of bickering house staff. Only Sheremetev, the guileless nurse charged with Vladimir's round-the-clock care, is unaware that everyone else is busily using every means at their disposal to skim money from their employer's inexhaustible riches. But when the nurse suddenly needs to find cash for a bribe or see his nephew rot in jail, the dacha's chef lets him in on the secret world of 'commissions' going on all around him. Yet surely Sheremetev wouldn't think to steal from his ailing patient? And surely, in the upstanding modern Russia that Vladimir P created, one would actually let him...
- Author BiographyMichael Honig is a former doctor and the author of one previous novel, Goldblatt's Descent (Atlantic 2013). He lives in London with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Michael Honig
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight387 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementExport/Airside
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.