All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionExplores Rupert Sheldrake's more than 25 years of research into telepathy, staring and intention, precognition, and animal premonitions - Shows that unexplained human abilities--such as the sense of being stared at and phone telepathy--are t pararmal but rmal, part of our biological nature - Draws on more than 5,000 case histories, 4,000 questionnaire responses, and the results of experiments carried out with more than 20,000 people - Reveals that our minds and intentions extend beyond our brains into the world around us and even into the future Nearly everyone has experienced the feeling of being watched or had their stare result in a glance in their direction. The phemen has been cited throughout history in nearly every culture, along with other commonplace pararmal occurrences such as premonitions and telepathy. In this newly updated edition, Sheldrake shares his more than 25 years of research into telepathy, the power of staring, remote viewing, precognition, and animal premonitions. Drawing on more than 5,000 case histories, 4,000 questionnaire responses, and the results of experiments on staring, thought transference, phone telepathy, and other phemena carried out with more than 20,000 people as well as reports and data from dozens of independent research teams, Sheldrake shows that these unexplained human abilities--such as the sense of being stared at--are t pararmal but rmal, part of our biological nature. He reveals that telepathy depends on social bonds and traces its evolution from the connections between members of animal groups such as flocks, schools, and packs. Sheldrake shows that our minds and intentions extend beyond our brains into our surroundings with invisible connections that link us to each other, to the world around us, and even to the future.
- Author BiographyRupert Sheldrake, Ph.D., is a former research fellow of the Royal Society and former director of studies in biochemistry and cell biology at Clare College, Cambridge University. From 2005 to 2012 he was director of the Perrott-Warrick Project on unexplained human abilities, funded from Trinity College, Cambridge. He is currently a fellow of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, near San Francisco, and a visiting professor at the Graduate Institute in Connecticut. He is the author of more than 80 technical papers and articles appearing in peer-reviewed scientific journals and 10 books, including <i>Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home</i>, <i>Morphic Resonance</i>, and <i>Science Set Free</i>. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Rupert Sheldrake
- PublisherPark Street Press
- Date of Publication22/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychic Powers & Parapsychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPark Street Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width165 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.