All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe true-life story of an imagined Utopia - of willpower, sacrifice and joy, and of daring to dream. Imagine you're working in a brick factory in the Argentine city Mar del Plata, and a 22-year-old colleague tells you he's going to quit his job to become a professional footballer in Europe. Yeah, right. Next, he blows his savings on a ticket to England, travelling with just 300 dollars in his pocket. He doesn't speak English, has one to stay with and work. Time passes. You forget about the kid. Until, three years later, you turn on the TV and he's playing against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge - mixing it against the likes of Ballack and Drogba. After his brush with the Blues, it isn't long before he's up against Wayne Rooney at a packed Theatre of Dreams. The incredible journey of Crawley Town playmaker Sergio Torres shows that reality can be stranger than fantasy. And you haven't heard half of it yet...
- Author BiographySergio Torres isn't the most famous footballer in the world - he's played for Banfield de Mar del Plata, Deportivo Madryn, Molesey, Basingstoke Town, Wycombe Wanderers, Peterborough United, Lincoln City and Crawley Town - but he keeps dreaming. Co-author Juan Manuel Lopez writes for Diario El Clarin and El Grafico. He dreams, too.
- Author(s)Juan Manuel Lopez,Sergio Torres
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Weight318 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.