All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompanies worldwide are rapidly adopting Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), a design methodology used to connect systems as services, and Business Process Management (BPM), the art of orchestrating these services. Media organizations from news organizations to music and media download services to movie studios are adapting to SOA-style architectures, but have run into roadblocks unique to the media and entertainment industry. These challenges include incorporating real-time data, moving large amounts of data at one time, n-linearity and flexibility for workflow, and unique metrics and data gathering. The Service-Oriented Media Enterprise details the challenges and presents solutions for media techlogy professionals. By addressing both the IT and media aspects, it helps individuals improve current enterprise techlogies and operations.
- Author BiographyJohn Footen is currently a Vice President at National TeleConsultants, a provider of strategic consulting and design services to the media and entertainment industry. He has more than 20 years experience in the operation, design, and installation of media systems and now leads NTC's consulting, engineering, and project management teams in the areas of media software systems integration, Service Oriented Architecture, and Business Process Management. Mr. Footen has been involved in dozens of projects throughout the Americas, Asia, and EMEA. He is a member of SMPTE and a participant on its S22 technical committee. He is a board member of the Advanced Media Workflow Association and chairs the AMWA's Media Services Architecture Group. He has degrees in Computer Science and Film and Television Production from New York University. Joey Faust is currently a Systems Engineer at National TeleConsultants, a provider of strategic consulting and design services to the Media & Entertainment industry. His areas of expertise include business process modeling, SOA systems design, web services and XML technologies, and media technologies. He is a member of NTC's media software systems integration group.
- Author(s)Joey Faust,John Footen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2008
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content NoteApprox. 120 illustrations
- Weight1124 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine27 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.