All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a party of four women, five men, and a ten-year-old boy leave their comfortable homes in eastern New York and faced westward on a cold February morning in the year 1807, they knew they would need a full measure of endurance and courage, but they were far from kwing the challenges and adventures that lay ahead in the newly opened Iroquois lands around the Finger Lakes. In this carefully researched historical vel, E. R. Eastman tells the story of the pioneers who settled Genesee Country of frontier New York in the early nineteenth century. The Settlers brings to life men and women of pioneer times and shows their reactions, their work, their play, their hopes and their ideals, their joys and sorrows, their loves and their antipathies as they emigrated over the westward trail, carved homes-and a living out-of the wilderness, and defended those homes against aggression and invasion. In addition to its being an exciting and moving tale of human adventure, The Settlers gives a vivid account of pioneer travel, describing in colorful detail how the woods were cleared, crops raised, cabins built and furnished.
- Author BiographyE. R. Eastman (1885-1970) worked as a teacher and school principal in Interlaken, Richford, and Newark Valley, New York and was employed as agricultural agent in Delaware County. Eastman was one of the founders of the Dairyman's League Cooperative and was editor of its newsletter from 1917 to 1922. In 1922 he became editor of the American Agriculturist, a position he held until 1947. He authored thirteen historical novels. Eastman served on the New York State Board of Regents and he was a trustee of both Ithaca College and Cornell University.
- Author(s)E. R. Eastman
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFall Creek Press
- Content Note2
- Weight228 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byCarol Kammen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.