All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCandida Wilton has been igred by her husband and children for years, before being displaced by a younger woman. Moving to London, alone, divorced and without much money, it seems she will w enjoy a life only of small pleasures: trips to the gym, visits to her reading group. When she receives an unexpected windfall, Candida gathers together six travelling companions - women friends from childhood, from married life and after - and maps out a journey she has long dreamed of, around Tunis, Naples and Pompeii, where her grey city lifecan blossom into one of colour and adventure. In The Seven Sisters, Margaret Drabble captures the wonder of second chances with dry wit, honesty and immaculate observation.
- Author BiographyMargaret Drabble was born in 1939 in Sheffield, Yorkshire, the daughter of barrister and novelist John F. Drabble, and sister of novelist A.S. Byatt. She is the author of seventeen novels and eight works of non-fiction, including biographies of Arnold Bennett and Angus Wilson. In 1980, Margaret Drabble was made a CBE and in 2008 she was made DBE. She is married to the biographer Michael Holroyd, and lives in London and Somerset.
- Author(s)Margaret Drabble
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight191 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.