All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGuided by a tattered map, accompanied by Thomas the Pig Boy, and inspired by the storyteller's blood that thrums through her veins, eleven-year-old Trinket searches for the seven stories she needs to become a bard like her father, who disappeared years before. She befriends a fortune-telling gypsy girl; returns a child stolen by the selkies to his true mother; confronts a banshee and receives a message from a ghost; helps a village girl outwit and out-dance the Faerie Queen; travels beyond the grave to battle a dastardly undead Highwayman; and meets a hound so loyal he fights a wolf to the death to protect the baby prince left in his charge. All fine material for six tales, but it is the seventh tale, in which Trinket learns her father's true fate, that changes her life forever. The Seven Tales of Trinket is a Kirkus Reviews Best Children's Book of 2012
- Author BiographyShelley Moore Thomas is the author of the Good Knight series of picture books and easy readers, including Good Night, Good Knight. In addition to writing books, she works as an elementary teacher and as a professional storyteller. The Seven Tales of Trinket is her first middle-grade novel. Ms. Thomas lives in Oceanside, California.
- Author(s)Shelley Moore Thomas
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width148 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dan Craig
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.