All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionFlowing 220 miles from source to the sea, the Severn is Britain's longest river. The author has followed the Severn along its first 100 or so miles, photographing the present day views to compare with the enduring historic pictures which so appealed to Edwardian tourists and travellers. The Severn Plynlimon to Bridgrth Through Time is the first of two books, which give a unique insight into the history of this ever-changing river.The journey starts at the source of the Welsh Afon Hafren (Severn) on the boggy slopes of Plynlimon in the Cambrian Mountains, and takes the reader through the Marches and into Shropshire. Reproduced in full colour, this is an exciting examination of how the Severn has been immortalised by earlier generations of photographers, and is essential reading for anyone who kws and loves this iconic waterway.
- Author BiographyJan Dobrzynski is a published author, photographer and keen collector of transport ephemera and topographic postcards. His previous titles include Shropshire's Historic Pubs (The History Press, 2009), A Postcard from the Cotswolds (The History Press, 2010), Along the Mersey (The History Press, 2012), The Severn: Plynlimon to Bridgnorth Through Time (Amberley, 2011) and The Severn: Arley to Avonmouth Through Time (Amberley, 2011).
- Author(s)Jan Dobrzynski
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note185, 93 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.