All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe inspiring life of the missionary Jim Elliot, who was murdered in Ecuador. This is the story of an earthly man with a heavenly mind. Jim Elliot was a man of passion and a man of prayer. This book chronicles his journey from childhood in Oregon and his college days at Wheaton to the mission field of Ecuador where he eventually gave his life at age 28. Full of journal excerpts and personal letters, we are introduced to this great man, his struggles, his ambitions, his loves, his dreams and his all-consuming passion for Christ and His kingdom.
- Author BiographyElisabeth Elliot was born to missionary parents and served as a missionary in Ecudor. In 1953 she married Jim Elliott and together they began work on translating the New Testament into the language of the Quichua Indians. Ten months later, Jim was killed by the Auca Indians while attempting to take the Gospel to that primitive tribe. Elisabeth continued her work among the Quichuas and later lived and worked among the Aucas. Today, she lives north of Boston, Massachusetts, with her husband, Lars Gren. Elisabeth is the author of a number of books, including Shadow of the Almighty; Passion and Purity; A Path Through Suffering; The Shaping of a Christian Family and Keep a Quiet Heart.
- Author(s)Elisabeth Elliot
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Series TitleAuthentic Classics
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuthentic Media
- Weight290 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.