Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe ancient healing traditions based on spiritual connections. New to Firefly's Bible series (Ayurveda Bible, Secret Societies Bible) this guide to shamanism is an evocative and detailed journey from its animistic origins in Europe, North America, Siberia and the Arctic 70,000 years ago, to the contemporary rituals practiced today. Illustrated with cultural images, totems and practicing shamans from all cultural settings, The Shamanism Bible reveals the past and explains how this ancient spirituality can empower modern life. Shaman John Matthews shares his incomparable breadth of kwledge of shamanism and the significance of power animals:
- Shapeshifting -- moving into different states of being
- Healing with spirit guides
- Vision questing -- finding guidance in meditation and dream experience
- Working with totems
- Shamanic drumming and trance.
- Soul Flights and Journeys (Trances, Dance and Drumming, Singing, Hallucigens)
- Allies and Helpers (Inner Helpers, Plant Medicine, Totems)
- Magical Costume
- Ritual (Rites of Passage, Healing Work, Medicine, Dreaming).
- Making and Keeping a Shrine
- Greeting the Day
- Casting away Sorrows
- Leaves of Divination
- Making a Shaman's Power Bundle
- Kinship with the Web of Life.
- Author BiographyJohn Matthews is the bestselling author of over 100 titles on alternative spirituality, history and mythology as well as children's books. He is recognized as one of the foremost teachers of shamanism in the world. He is a co-founder of FIOS, the Fellowship for Inspirational and Oracular Studies.
- Author(s)John Matthews
- PublisherFirefly Books
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Series TitleSubject Bible
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFirefly Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width140 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.