All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe culture of the Shan peoples of Burma and their rulers is extensively explored in this volume. Shan courts flourished in the late British colonial period and in this book rare early photographs, never before published, document life in the courts and in the hill regions of Shan dominion. Susan Conway focuses again on dress and the use of textiles in the Shan states, as well as on historical chronicles, to define a fascinating people of old Burma. Lavish illustrations bring to life a rich cultural tradition of mainland Southeast Asia.
- Author BiographySusan Conway gained her PhD in the history of Lanna royal textiles. She is the author of several books, and was the curator of the first exhibition for the James Thompson gallery in Bangkok. She is an expert in textile conservation and an accomplished artist.
- Author(s)Susan Conway
- PublisherRiver Books
- Date of Publication17/07/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationThailand
- ImprintRiver Books
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight1430 g
- Width213 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.