All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sheep Book carries the reader along through a year in a sheep's life during which sheep and shepherd form a symbiosis. A kwledgeable shepherd manages a flock in such a way as to provide an appropriate environment for all phases of the annual journey from breeding through pregnancy, lambing, growing of lambs, marketing of lamb and wools, and revitalization of the sheep for ather cycle. The Sheep Book guides the reader to working with the instincts of the sheep treating them as animals with special talents and ways of behaving that can be engaged and directed. The reader is encouraged to learn from the sheep, for they are the best teachers of a successful shepherd.
- Author BiographyRon Parker is an academic geologist who turned to sheep raising in 1976. He is former editor of the Minnesota Shepherd and recipient of the Distinguished Service Award from the Minnesota Lamb and Wool Growers. For more than a decade he has operated an internet mailing list, FiberNet, for fiber enthusiasts.
- Author(s)Ronald B. Parker
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2001
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwallow Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine534 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementUpdated ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.