All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll you need to kw to log and classify the shells in your collection. Hints, tips and expert advice to help you get started.Over 150 photographs and illustrations make it easy to identify your finds in the field: Gastropods, bivalves, cephalopods and scaphopods. This practical identification guide covers a wide range of shells from all parts of the world. The book combines comprehensive and informative text with color illustrations, focusing on the shells themselves rather than on the marine creatures that once inhabited them.An introductory section covers mollusks and their classification, termilogy and collection, along with conservation issues and an invaluable identification key.The main section is the identification guide to species in precise detail and clarity. The description of each species is accompanied on the same page with an easy-to-use identification key and color illustration.
- Author BiographyKenneth R. Wye owns and runs Eaton s Shell Shop in Covent Garden, London, where he meets and deals with shell enthusiasts and collectors from all over the world. He has 25 years of experience in the subject of conchology and has written on shells for both specialist and popular publications, lectured and broadcast on the subject, and won several awards.
- Author(s)Kenneth Wye
- PublisherWellfleet Press
- Date of Publication23/02/2015
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWellfleet Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width157 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.