Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.68+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDriven to abscond from the pressures of everyday life, the characters in this collection turn to strange ideas, distant places, and private languages in search of escape. At times the characters appear absurd, like the vicar who strikes up a conversation with the devil, and at other times they seem unreachably lonely, like the man drowned in the black waters of the Irwell, but each is presented with such compassion that it is impossible t to completely enter these peculiar fates. Through the stunning use of imagery and landscape and the descent through the strata of different lives, readers are offered an arms-length view of theforces of hope and redemption at work amidst desolate survival tactics of ordinary life.
- Author BiographyDavid Constantine is an award-winningpoet and a translator. He is the author ofCaspar Hauser, Madder, Nine Fathom Deep, The Pelt of Wasps, Something for the Ghosts, and Watching for Dolphins, and an editor for Modern Poetry in Translation.
- PrizesShortlisted for Edge Hill Prize for the Short Story 2010.
- Author(s)David Constantine
- PublisherComma Press
- Date of Publication04/06/2009
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMytholmroyd
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintComma Press
- Weight259 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.65
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.