All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $58.79Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $40.96
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the chief ecomic commentator for the Financial Times comes a brilliant tour d horizon of the new global ecomy and its trajectory. There have been many books that have sought to explain the causes and courses of the financial and ecomic crisis which began in 2007-8. The Shifts and the Shocks is t ather detailed history of the crisis but the most persuasive and complete account yet published of what the crisis should teach us about modern ecomies and ecomics.The book identifies the origin of the crisis in the complex interaction between globalization, hugely destabilizing global imbalances, and our dangerously fragile financial system. In the eurozone, these sources of instability were multiplied by the tragically defective architecture of the monetary union. It also shows how much of the orthodoxy that shaped monetary and financial policy before the crisis occurred was complacent and wrong. In doing so, it mercilessly reveals the failures of the financial, political, and intellectual elites who ran the system.The book also examines what has been done to reform the financial and monetary systems since the worst of the crisis passed. Are we w on a sustainable course? Wolf asks. The answer is . He explains with great clarity why further crises seem certain and why the management of the eurozone in particular guarantees a huge political crisis at some point in the future. Wolf provides far more ambitious and comprehensive plans for reform than any currently being implemented.Written with all the intellectual command and trenchant judgment that have made Martin Wolf one of the world s most influential ecomic commentators, The Shifts and the Shocks matches impressive analysis with -holds-barred criticism and persuasive prescription for a more stable future. It is a book one with an interest in global affairs will want to neglect.
- Author(s)Martin Wolf
- PublisherBlackstone Audiobooks
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlackstone Audiobooks
- Read byLloyd James
- Contained items statement12 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time900
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.