All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this work we find the Prophet of Meditation in one of his deepest and yet most lucid expositions. How wonderfully he deals with fundamental principles! In this work you will find vague statement of generalities, for James Allen enters with tender reverence into every detail of human experience. It is as though he came back to The Shining Gate, and, standing there, he reviewed all the way up which his own feet have travelled, passing over temptation that is common to man; kwing that the obstacles that barred his ascending pathway, or the clouds that at times obscured his vision, are the common experiences of all those who have set their faces towards the heights of Blessed Vision. As we read his words w, he seems to stand and beckon to us, saying, Come on, my fellow Pilgrims; it is straight ahead to the Shining Gateway; I have blazed the track for you. In sending forth this, ather posthumous volume from his pen, we have doubt but that it will help many an aspiring soul up to the heights, until at last they too stand within The shining Gateway.
- Author BiographyJames Allen was born on 28th November 1864 in Leicester, England. He was a philosophical writer known for his inspirational books and poetry. At the age of 15 his father, a businessman, was robbed and murdered so he had to leave school to work full-time in several British manufacturing firms to help support the family. At the age of 38 he retired from employment to become a full time writer. Allen - together with his wife Lily and their daughter, Nohra - moved to a small cottage in Ilfracombe, Devon, England to pursue a simple life of contemplation. There he wrote for nine years, producing 19 works. He also edited and published a magazine, The Light of Reason. His most famous book, As a Man Thinketh, is now considered an all time classic self-help book. Its underlying message is that noble thoughts make a noble person, while lowly thoughts make a miserable person. Allen died in 1912 at the age of 47.
- Author(s)Associate Professor of Philosophy James Allen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.