All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo you've made a basic shirt or two and you are looking for more options and directions...Well, you are in luck! David Page Coffin, author of Shirtmaking, a complete guide to the dress shirt, is back to help you with an amazing collection of custom detail patterns and ideas for men's and women's sport, knit, dress, and even simple coat and jacket shirt styles! Inside you'll find helpful guides to drafting or draping a custom pattern, copying or converting a favorite pattern or garment into a more basic pattern ready for customizing to your heart's content, mastering four different placket types so you can use these classic structures in ways you never imagined, understanding and reinventing most any sort of shirt and coat collar type in common use, along with how to construct them all, whether you want a couture creation or a workshop coverall. You'll get an introduction to digital pattern-making and alteration, a close-up and thorough look inside a closetful of classic shirt-type garments, explore a host of pocket and cuff options and have access to dozens of full-size detail and even full garment patterns for printing and customizing. And, of course, you'll learn how to finally turn those collar points all the way out like you've always wanted. The Shirtmaking Workbook includes extensive lists and links to further reading, supplies, and references to help make your custom shirtmaking easier and more masterful. With this unique and comprehensive workbook by your side, you'll never wonder how to make THAT shirt again. making basics, you'll be creating hundreds of fashionable designs in time!
- Author BiographyDAVID PAGE COFFIN, a former editor at Threads magazine, is the author of Shirtmaking: Developing Skills for Fine Sewing (Taunton Press, 1998) and Making Trousers for Men and Women (CPi, 2009). He has conducted sewing and tailoring workshops throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. David's videos have been broadcast on YouTube.com and have received great reviews on ThreadBanger.com, PatternReview.com, and other sewing sites. David hosts http://makingtrouserswithdpc.blogspot.com/ and http://myvirtualworkshop.blogspot.com. He lives with his wife, Ellen, in Brookings, Oregon. http://dpcoffinonsewing.blogspot.com http://makingtrouserswithdpc.blogspot.com http://myvirtualworkshop.blogspot.com
- Author(s)David Coffin
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBeverly
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreative Publishing International, US
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight571 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.