All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Shiva Dance -a long-short story that could also be classified as a velette. Call it what you will-it is a moving tale of love, devotion, conflict and heartbreak, set in Pittsburgh and Brooklyn in the 1930's. The Other Stories include: A Kind of Wild Justice -Former Broadway star experiences a reminiscent and rewarding return to the theater. Compartment 24B -American tourist, traveling alone, finds intrigue on a train excursion from Vienna to Budapest. Celebration -Successful scholar/velist learns the surprising truth about her former nemesis. Class -A bride from Costa Rica finds a way to deal with her controlling, bigoted mother-in-law. Devotion -Obsessive man is the unwilling caretaker of his wheelchair-bound sister. The Spooky House -An eight-year-old boy has a frightening experience in his great great aunt's old house in a small Pennsylvania town. Time at the Dali -Two strangers are affected by their surroundings in a small Barcelona museum. Because -Lovelorn office worker devises an elaborate scheme to rescue his heartthrob. The Wedding Swimmer - This is a lighthearted tale about a highly unconventional wedding. Anachronism -Woman finds magic in an old sepia photograph.
- Author BiographyArlene I. Shapiro, who has a Ph.D. in English, taught writing on the college level for more than twenty years. While she now does freelance writing, editing and research, she focuses mostly on writing fiction. She is a member of the Historical Novel Society, The International Women's Writing Guild and a peer writing group. Her book, Moving On: A Novel, was published in July, 2012, and she is currently working on a historical novel based on the life of a seventeenth-century British dramatist. Although she was born in Pittsburgh and grew up in Cleveland, Arlene has lived in New York most of her life and considers herself a New Yorker. She lives in Ossining, New York and enjoys theater, music, technology, traveling with her husband and spending time with her family.
- Author(s)Arlene I Shapiro
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.