The Shores of Gallipoli: Naval Aspects of the Anzac Campaign by Tom Frame (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by charliejodesigns
- Est. delivery by 19 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew people realise that the Royal Australian Navy played a crucial part in the Gallipoli campaign, r that it cost 8,000 Australian lives. Naval Historian Tom Frame, describes the outstanding achievement of the submarine AE 2, the first Allied sub to penetrate the Dardanelles, and the heroic work of the Ran Bridging Train. He also reveals how the sunken AE 2 was discovered by a joint Australian-Turkish diving team in 1998. Most striking is his argument that professional arrogance and poor navigation resulted in the Anzacs being put on the 'wrong' beach, rather than the alleged tidal current. Based on original research and the author's personal kwledge of the Gallipoli Peninsula and the Aegean Sea, this compelling account makes a major contribution to Gallipoli history.
- Author BiographyTom Frame, late of the Royal Australian Navy, holds degrees in Asian history and theology. He is author of six books on naval history.
- Author(s)Tom Frame
- PublisherHale & Iremonger,Pty.Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2000
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAlexandria, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHale & Iremonger,Pty.Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.