All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn Major League Baseball, the shutout--a game in which a team prevents its opponent from scoring--remains relatively rare. Of the roughly 200,000 regular season games that have been played since the origins of the major leagues, only approximately 10 percent have been shutouts. Clean fielding, incredible pitching, and the combined efforts of a team that turns its talent into a work of baseball artistry must all come together to make a shutout possible. This work covers every shutout from the beginning of professional baseball through the 2010 World Series, including -hitters and perfect games. With in-depth statistics and play-by-play descriptions to bring to life the action on the field, it is the definitive history of one of baseball's premier achievements.
- Author Biography<b>Warren N. Wilbert</b>, a veteran baseball historian and SABR member, is the author of numerous books about baseball. He lives in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Author(s)Warren N. Wilbert
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.