All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdolescence is a crucial time for learning to deal with shyness and overcoming the pain and difficulty it can cause. This hands-on workbook is a valuable resource for counselors who work with shy teens in schools and other settings. The authors help teens understand the nature and dynamics of shyness, and explain how teens can achieve happiness by learning to be successfully shy. Through a series of 30 user-friendly lessons, teens will discover ways to control their shyness instead of letting it control them. The lessons will help them in establishing friendships and intimate relationships, pursuing educational and career opportunities, and fostering personal and family relationships over a lifetime. Each lesson is divided into four elements: What You Need to Kw--core information about a particular area of shyness. Your Turn--self-directed activities, quizzes, and inventories to help examine individual shyness issues. Voices--personal stories shared by other shy teens. Journal--a reflective writing activity.
- Author BiographyDr Bernardo J. Carducci , Ph.D., is professor of psychology and Director of the Shyness Research Institute at Indiana University Southeast, USA. He has authored numerous books and articles on shyness issues and is considered to be one of the foremost experts on the topic. Dr. Carducci is a frequent speaker at professional meetings and seminars and has been featured by national and international media services. Dr Teesue H. Fields , Ed.D., is professor of education and coordinator of counselor education at Indiana University Southeast, USA. She is a nationally certified counselor. Dr. Fields has published book chapters and journal articles on group counseling, individual counseling techniques, and the role of the school counselor in helping students achieve success in school.
- Author(s)Bernardo J. Carducci,Teesue H. Fields
- PublisherResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationIL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.