Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the last week of the school holidays and twelve year old Caitlin Cameron is bored. But when her new childminder turns out to be the eccentric Bella Blawearie, otherwise kwn as Scary Lady, everything changes. Scary Lady lives up to her name. She seems able to read Caitlin's mind. She sees visions in a sw globe and tells the time from a patchwork clock. And things get even weirder when Caitlin and her two best friends, Lynette and Edward, accidentally open a time portal in an old tree and are hurled back through time to the eighteenth century. They find themselves caught up in the blood-soaked aftermath of the Jacobite defeat at the battle of Culloden, and discover they're there for a reason. A reason Scary Lady kws all about. But all the friends have is questions. What is the significance of the silver locket passed to Caitlin by her grandmother? Can the locket help them ensure Bonnie Prince Charlie makes the right decision about his future? And if they fail, will Scotland's history books rewrite themselves, meaning Caitlin and her friends will t even be born? Join them in their 18th century adventure as they make new friends, encounter great danger and strive to carry out their mission.
- Author BiographyMy name is Anne McAlpine and I'm a children's author. Before I was a full-time writer, I was a primary school teacher. I've written stories since I was a child. I began by making up stories to tell to my four little sisters. Then I wrote plays for me and my friends to act out. There's never been a time in my life when I've not been making up and writing down stories. But, because I was busy being a teacher and a mother, it took a very long time to get my first book written. I was born in Scotland. I grew up there and it's where I still live. But I've also travelled all over the world. I've visited every continent except Antarctica - somewhere I really want to go as I absolutely love penguins. When I'm not writing, I enjoy reading, going for walks, and riding pillion on my husband's motor bike. I also love spending time with my friends and family - most especially my two grandchildren. The Silver Locket is my first book for children. It's an exciting historical adventure. I wrote it mainly for nine to twelve-year-olds, but I hope anyone who likes a story with a bit of history, danger and time-travel in it will enjoy it.
- Author(s)Anne McAlpine
- PublisherRowan Russell Books
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRowan Russell Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width125 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.