Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $41.77
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
About this product
- DescriptionOne fine day in AD 70, scruffy, working-class informer Marcus Didius Falco literally runs into a beautiful sixteen-year-old girl on the steps of the Forum. Sosia Camillina is on the run from a couple of street toughs, and after rescuing her, Falco wants to find out why. It soon becomes clear that Sosia kws a dangerous secret about a stockpile of silver ingots - or 'pigs' - and there are those who will stop at thing to prevent her telling what she kws. Hoping for future favours from Sosia's rich, influential uncle, Falco embarks on an intricate case of smuggling, murder and treason that reaches as far as the Emperor's palace, and beyond the seven hills of Rome. Soon, Falco finds himself in an inhospitable outpost of the Empire called Britain, where the weather is filthy, the natives restless and the women angry. There, he meets Helena Justina, a spirited aristocrat who becomes an important part of his life. But, if he does t tread carefully, the treacherous puzzle of the silver pigs could be the death of him...Anton Lesser stars as Falco with Fritha Goodey as Helena Justina in this BBC Radio 4 full-cast dramatisation of Lindsey Davis's first Falco vel.
- Author BiographyLindsey Davis has written more than 20 historical novels, beginning with The Course of Honor. After an English degree at Oxford University Lindsey joined the Civil Service, and became a professional author in 1989. Her books are translated into many languages and have been dramatized on BBC Radio 4. Her prizes include the Premio Colosseo, awarded by the Mayor of Rome for enhancing the image of Rome, the Sherlock award for Falco as Best Comic Detective, and the Crimewriters Association Cartier Diamond Dagger for lifetime achievement.
- Author(s)Lindsey Davis
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication07/02/2005
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBBC Audio Collection: Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Out-of-print date07/07/2016
- Width140 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine254 mm
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Running Time120
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.