Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionCeltic calligraphy is an instantly recognizable style that epitomizes the ideal of Celtic craftsmanship, from intricate ktwork, animals snaking into the loops of illuminated letters or a script carved in wood or etched on stone. With the help of this practical guide, you can learn to write the key Celtic scripts and create projects to treasure. Calligrapher Fiona Graham-Flynn presents 18 calligraphy projects that are great for beginners and improvers, too. Start with a name plaque for a child's room, create greetings cards with a Celtic blessing, decorate a lampshade or paint some fairy wishing stones in gold for your garden. All the techniques you need are included - Uncial, Half-uncial and Runic scripts, along with how to draw zoomorphics, or the beautiful animal ornamentation often seen in illuminated letters.
- Author BiographyFiona Graham-Flynn was born in Scotland; she has been a calligrapher and illuminator for 28 years, and a teacher of calligraphy for the past 14 years. She specialises in the Celtic Uncial and Irish Half-uncial, pigment colours and vellum. She has co-written the book Celtic Ornament: Art of the Scribe (1995) with Courtney Davis, and Celtic Calligraphy (2005), a book for children.
- Author(s)Fiona Graham-Flynn
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Out-of-print date10/08/2011
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight774 g
- Width208 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.