All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an accessible and sympathetic introduction for relatives, carers and professionals looking after or training to work with people with dementia. Drawing on the two 'laws of dementia', the author explains the causes of communication problems, mood disturbances and 'deviant' behaviours, with particular emphasis on how these are experienced by dementia sufferers themselves. Case examples demonstrate the typical symptoms and progression of dementia, and clear guidance is provided on how to support dementia sufferers at every stage and help them deal with the challenges posed by their condition. Relatives and carers will find this book a source of essential information and encouragement to deal confidently with the difficulties posed by the condition both for people with dementia and those around them.
- Author BiographyHuub Buijssen is a psychogerontologist and clinical psychologist and has written many successful books on the subject of dementia. He regularly lectures to relatives and carers of dementia sufferers.
- Author(s)Huub Buijssen
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication17/02/2005
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight217 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.