All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe alluring nature of carnivorous plants is on stunning display in this fine art-style collection of botanical photographs. Over 140 colour images show in minute detail species, hybrids, and cultivars from around the world, many painstakingly cultivated by the author in his native New York. The images were taken in a studio setting as well as in their natural environment. While t a beginners introduction to these unusual creatures and how they consume their prey, the book does include detailed captions and text containing horticultural information like genus, specie, and common names, ranges, and conservation status. Additional sections offer a primer on equipment and conditions for growing the specimens; identify threats to the plants natural habitats and the conservation organisations that are working to protect them; and present a survey of Long Islands native carnivorous plants, making this a valuable horticultural reference as well. This book will appeal to both fine art photography aficionados and horticultural enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyMatthew M. Kaelin has been cultivating carnivorous plants for more than two decades. His photography has been exhibited in fine art galleries, he has authored natural history articles, won horticultural awards, and named two Nepenthes cultivars.
- Author(s)Matthew M. Kaelin
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note145 colour photos
- Weight1224 g
- Width230 mm
- Height305 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.