All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sinking of the Titanic and Great Sea Disasters is an exciting collection of first-hand stories describing the catastrophe of Titanic's maiden voyage as told by its survivors shortly after the ship sank. Originally written and published in 1912, Logan Marshall's book was the very first attempt to solve the mystery of the accident and relieve the heartache it stirred internationally. Marshall narrates the personal stories of Titanic's passengers before, during, and after the sinking of the ill-fated ship. This book takes us back in time and forces us to understand the trauma of our ancestors from a t-so-comfortable distance. Listen to the voices of real passengers tell their own touching stories of tragedy and see the photographs and sketches that accompany their stories. Also included are records of previous great disasters of the sea, descriptions of the development of safety and life-saving appliances, and a plain statement of causes of such catastrophes and how to avoid them. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in history--books about World War II, the Third Reich, Hitler and his henchmen, the JFK assassination, conspiracies, the American Civil War, the American Revolution, gladiators, Vikings, ancient Rome, medieval times, the old West, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyLogan Marshall was the pen name of Logan Howard-Smith, who was born in 1884 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was a book editor in New York City and also the author of The Life of Theodore Roosevelt, The Story of the Panama Canal, and Favorite Fairy Tales. He was a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byLogan Marshall
- Foreword byStephen J. Spignesi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.