All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the New York Times bestselling author of The Surgeon and The Apprentice comes a chilling new vel of suspense featuring Boston medical examiner Dr. Maura Isles, on the deadly trail of an anymous madman who s committed an unholy crime. . . . THE SINNER Not even the icy temperatures of a typical New England winter can match the bone-chilling scene of carnage discovered in the early morning hours at the chapel of Our Lady of Divine Light. Within the sanctuary walls of the cloistered convent, w stained with blood, lie two nuns one dead, one critically injured victims of an unspeakably savage attacker. The brutal crime appears to be without motive, and the elderly nuns in residence can offer little help in the police investigation. But medical examiner Maura Isles s autopsy of the dead woman yields a shocking surprise: Twenty-year-old Sister Camille, the order s sole vice, gave birth before she was murdered. Then the disturbing case takes a stunning new turn when ather woman is found murdered in an abandoned building, her body mutilated beyond recognition. Together, Isles and homicide detective Jane Rizzoli uncover an ancient horror that connects these terrible slaughters. As long-buried secrets come to light, Maura Isles finds herself drawn inexorably toward the heart of an investigation that strikes closer and closer to home and toward a dawning revelation about the killer s identity too shattering to consider. As spine-tingling as it is mind-jolting, The Sinner showcases Tess Gerritsen in peak form bringing her intimate kwledge of the dark depths of criminal investigation brilliantly to bear. Beneath its layers of startling insight into the souls of its characters, and the richly wrought depiction of the everyday war between good and evil, beats the unstoppable heart of an irresistible thriller. Tess Gerritsen left a successful practice as an internist to raise her children and concentrate on her writing. She gained nationwide acclaim for her first vel of medical suspense, the New York Times bestseller Harvest. She is also the author of the bestsellers Life Support, Bloodstream, Gravity, and The Surgeon and The Apprentice. Tess Gerritsen lives in Maine. PRAISE FOR TESS GERRITSEN The Surgeon A briskly paced, terrifically suspenseful work that steadily builds toward a tense and terrifying climax. People (Page-Turner of the week) Creepy . . . [ The Surgeon ] will exert a powerful grip on readers. Chicago Tribune Grabbed me by the throat and didn t let go. TAMI HOAG The Apprentice Skillful and scary. The Washington Post Book World An adrenaline rush from start to finish. IRIS JOHANSEN Masterful . . . Gerritsen moves into the Thomas Harris class, though with a style all her own. Kirkus Reviews (starred review) From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyTess Gerritsen is a physician and an internationally bestselling author. She gained nationwide acclaim for her first novel of medical suspense, the New York Times bestseller Harvest. She is also the author of the bestsellers The Mephisto Club, Vanish, Body Double, The Sinner, The Apprentice, The Surgeon, Life Support, Bloodstream, and Gravity. Tess Gerritsen lives in Maine. Visit her website at www.tessgerritsen.com.
- Author(s)Tess Gerritsen
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight159 g
- Width128 mm
- Height151 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Read byDennis Boutsikaris
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time360
- Edition Statementabridged edition
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.36
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.05
- AU $18.35Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.64
- AU $31.11Trending at AU $41.05
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.