All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA blizzard has hit England. In the tiny village of Sittaford, on the fringes of Dartmoor, a party of six is gathered in Sittaford House, home of Captain Trevelyan. He has rented the house out for the winter and is staying in a nearby village. As evening draws in, a seance is proposed. The lights are lowered and the table turning begins: various questions are asked, and the guests are delighted when the table jerks and rocks, revealing the answers. But the game turns sour when the board spells out a terrible message - TREVELYAN DEAD. As the horrified participants look on, the table begins to rock again, and fear grips the party as the sinister word appears - MURDER. Is it a macabre joke, black magic or the truth? And who would kill a man who doesn't have an enemy in the world? It includes 2 CDs. 2 hrs 20 mins.
- Author BiographyAgatha Christie was born in 1890. During the World War I she worked as a hospital dispenser, where she gleaned the working knowledge of various poisons. Her first novel was The Mysterious Affair at Styles, published in 1920, followed over the next six years by four more detective novels and a short story collection. However, it was not until the publication of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd that Agatha Christie s reputation was firmly established. In 1930 the sharp-witted spinster sleuth Miss Marple made her first appearance in Murder at the Vicarage. In all, Agatha Christie published 80 crime novels and short story collections. As her play The Mousetrap (the longest-running play in the history of the theater) testifies, Agatha Christie s detective stories are likely to appeal for a long time to come. Agatha Christie was awarded a CBE in 1956 and was made a Dame of the British Empire in 1971. She died in 1976.
- Author(s)Agatha Christie
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication19/07/2004
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight104 g
- Width133 mm
- Height151 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Read byFull Cast,John Moffatt,Stephen Tompkinson
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time140
- Edition StatementA&M
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $34.79
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $24.31Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.46
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.91
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $44.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.