All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA narrow, vertical painting, tightly enclosing the scene. Her pale arm and her pale thigh. Viewed at a diagonal through an exceedingly tall doorway ...just a glimpse of something ...An ageing portrait artist meets a woman who unsettles him, yet inspires him to paint her. Reluctantly, at first, they are drawn together. The ambiguity of the relationship between painter and subject is revealed through Alex Miller's subtle, sensuous narrative. The artist must watch and wait to trap the shy beast. For the skill of portraiture is in seeing beyond the face, beyond the likeness.
- Author BiographyAlex Miller has twice won the prestigious Miles Franklin Literary Award, Australia's premier literary prize; the first occasion in 1993 for The Ancestor Game, and again in 2003 for Journey to the Stone Country. He is also an overall winner of the Commonwealth Writers' Prize, for The Ancestor Game, in 1993. British by birth, he now lives in Victoria.
- Author(s)Alex Miller
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight138 g
- Width130 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.